We run many yoga workshops throughout the year and they are a great place to deepen your practice. From our senior teachers to visiting teachers, our workshops are an experience not to be missed.
Mira Mehta – “Yoga & Healing” course
Mira Mehta, highly esteemed yoga expert, returns to CHYS for unique week course focusing on Yoga and Healing. Lasting 6-days, Monday 7th to Saturday 12th August, participants will learn about the principles of yoga therapeutics, giving explanations from Yoga’s sister science Ayurveda, and show how these principles apply in practise.
- Mon 7 Aug: (a) Health & Disease, and (b) the tools of yoga
- Tues 8 Aug: (a) Vital sites of the body, and (b) Joint problems
- Weds 9 Aug: (a) Psychological energies 1, and (b) Back problems
- Thur 10 Aug: (a) Psychological energies 2, and (b) Organic problems
- Fri 11 Aug: (a) Pain and its management, and (b) Systemic problems
- Sat 12 Aug: (a) Principles of treatment, and (b) Psychological problems
- Monday – Friday: session (a) 10:30-1pm, and session (b) 2:15-4:45pm
- Saturday only: session (a) 12:30-3pm, and session (b) 4:15-6:45pm
- $1375 full course – ON SALE until 30th June for $990 – book now
- $800 for 6-sessions (half course) – book online now
- $200 non refundable with all course bookings
Ann Dragon – Beginners 2 “Challenge”
Ann has designed a five-class morning challenge for you take your practice to the next level. The benefit of combining successive classes is immense. No matter where your current yoga practice is at, this challenge will benefit you.
- x5 morning sessions
- Saturday 17 & Sunday 18 June 8-9:45am
- Monday 19, Wednesday 21, Friday 23 June 6:30-7:45am
- $120 / $110 conc. for all 5-sessions – book online now
- $24 casually
- DD members & UL pass holders welcome
Patrick Costello – Yoga for Healthy Bodies
A series of workshops focusing on how we can use yoga to help alleviate pain, and how we can modify our practice to deal with the common causes of injury.
- x3 Sunday sessions
- Sundays 9th, 16th & 23rd July
- 1 – 3:30pm (2.5 hrs)
- $150 for full series – book online now
- $60 casually
Marina Jung – Teacher Development 2017
One Sunday each term in 2017, Marina Jung will be running a workshop for certified teachers who wish to deepen their understanding of yoga Asanas that are part of the Introductory and Junior Intermediate Level 1+2 syllabus.
The schedule for 2017 is:
- Sunday 19th February [completed]
- Sunday 23rd April [completed]
- Sunday 18th June
- Sunday 27th August
- Sunday 15th October
- Sunday 26th November
Each Sunday will consist of
- 10am to 12noon Led practice
- 1pm to 4pm Teaching and practice
- 4.30 to 5.30pm Pranayama
- Total of 6 hours each Sunday workshop
- $180 single casual attendance
- $480 for 3 sessions
- $900 for all 6 sessions
- Click here to book online now
Content / aim
Exploration of the next level of Asanas from the Junior Intermediate Level 1+2 syllabus. Improve your teaching skills, observation skills and how to make appropriate adjustments. Teachers will work together in small groups. We will be looking at the different types of Pranayama’s as per syllabus and how to teach what to whom and when.
Marina Jung holds a Junior Advanced teaching certificate, and has been assessing on various assessment committees from Introductory to Junior Intermediate 3 over the last 13 years across Australia. Marina has taught at Clifton Hill Yoga studio since 2007, teaching classes of all levels and runs Teacher Training courses. Marina is the senior teacher at Clifton Hill Yoga Studio.